Re: [libvirt] Error in virt-install

Hi,

After applying your patch i didn't get any error like memory corruption.

Nevertheless i was able to access graphics using vnc. Even specifying vnc it tries to open display (maybe something requires it - virt-viewer).

[root@localhost ~]# virt-install -n test -r 512 --vnc --file=/dev/VolGroup00/test-os --location=ftp://mirrors/centos/5/os/i386 -x 'text' --vncport=5900

Starting install...

Retrieving file .treeinfo 100% |=========================| 413 B 00:00

Retrieving file vmlinuz.. 100% |=========================| 2.1 MB 00:00

Retrieving file initrd.im 100% |=========================| 5.4 MB 00:00

Creating domain... 0 B 00:01

(virt-viewer:4021): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Domain installation still in progress. You can reconnect to

the console to complete the installation process.

I access the console using vnc but as you said, after the instalation completes it didn't restart. It disappeared from "virsh list" but i'm able to start it again using:

[root@localhost ~]# virsh start test

Domain test started

[root@localhost ~]# virsh list

Id Name State

0 Domain-0 running

3 test idle

If there's anything i can do to help please let me know.

Best regards,

Nuno Fernandes