RE: [libvirt] Help with bridged networking

Hi,
Thanks all for your help, I installed libvirt 0.6.0-4 and kvm 84-1 from fedora's rawhide and that solved the problem.
However know I have a new problem I tried the other virtual machines and some of them just don't start, they seem to stop when the bios jumps to the disk and grub,  any ideas?
The only thing I can think of is to upgrade the host kernel but if I'm not wrong I have to upgrade to Fedora 9 or 10, and I would like to try something else before because I want to have everything running before leaving xen completely

> Subject: RE: [libvirt] Help with bridged networking
> From: lutter@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: observer1@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:48:13 -0800
>
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 00:55 +0000, Jesus Urroa wrote:
> > My mistake I see the lines for the ip config commented out in the file
> > and I place them again
> > Anyway I remove the card from the bridge to simplify the problem a
> > little, this the output of brctl show for the bridge using only xen
> > (no libvirt at all) and using kvm with libvirt and running only 2 vms:
> >
> > worknet 8000.feffffffffff no vif1.0
> > vif4.0
> > vif5.0
> > vif6.1
> > vif7.1
> > vif8.0
> >
> > worknet 8000.00ff52959073 no vnet0
> >
> > vnet3
>
> With the non-Xen setup, your bridge should have the same IP address as
> the enslaved NIC.
>
> What exactly is not working ? Can VM's on the same bridge ping each
> other ?
>
> Did you add teh following iptables rule (to forward packages from the
> bridge to the outside):
>
> # echo "-I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-is-bridged -j ACCEPT" > /etc/sysconfig/iptables-forward-bridged
> # lokkit --custom-rules=ipv4:filter:/etc/sysconfig/iptables-forward-bridged
> # service libvirtd reload
>
> Otherwise, your VM;s can't talk to the outside.
>
> David

Tienes un nuevo Messenger por descubrir. ¡Descárgatelo!