Re: Accessing libvirtd remotely as non-root user

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 05:26:20PM -0500, Dan Mossor wrote:
I manage libvirtd on a few remote machines, and my security policies require
me to disable root login via SSH. Up to this point, I've been using root due
to the systems being in staging, but this is the final step before they're
moved to production.

What is the current proscribed method of connecting virt-manager or virsh to
a remote system with a non-root account? I keep getting "authentication
failed: no agent is available to authenticate" with a user that is in the
kvm and qemu groups on the systems I've tried using the ssh transport.

This guide ought to help you set it up

    http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/SSHPolicyKitSetup

Regards,
Daniel

Hmmm... I've created the polkit rule as stated in [1], but I still received the "no agent is available to authenticate" error. Do I need to restart anything to pick it up?

Dan

[1]https://goldmann.pl/blog/2012/12/03/configuring-polkit-in-fedora-18-to-access-virt-manager/
--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA