Re: [Discussion] How do we think about time out mechanism?

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 04:45:55PM +0800, James wrote:
There's a kind of situation that when libvirtd's under a lot of pressure, just as we
start a lot of VMs at the same time, some libvirt APIs may take a lot of time to return.
And this will block the up level job to be finished. Mostly we can't wait forever, we
want a time out mechnism to help us out. When one API takes more than some time, it can
return time out as a result, and do some rolling back.

So my question is: do we have a plan to give a 'time out' solution or a better solution
to fix this kind of problems in the future? And when?

Is it only because there are not enough workers available?  If yes,
then changing the limits in libvirtd.conf (both global and
per-connection) might be the easiest way to go.

Martin