Re: [libvirt] Support for passing arbitrary qemu/kvm admin console commands?

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 07:47:52PM -0500, Charles Duffy wrote:
I'm looking at building a framework which makes use of KVM's pseudo-migration support for snapshot management. To my knowledge, this functionality is not presently available through libvirt.

Is it possible to send arbitrary qemu/kvm admin console commands to a VM started and controlled by libvirt, or does any requirement for funtionality not presently exposed through libvirt conflict with its use?

We'd really like you to send commands via libvirt.

Which commands in particular do you want to send?  I have an
outstanding patch [1] to support KVM migration which just needs much
more testing.  Perhaps it does what you need already?

It looks to me like that patch only supports migrating to a tcp:// socket, not what I was looking to do... but looking at the qemu driver's implementation of save and restore, I should be able to use those commands as they already exist.

My apologies for the noise.