Re: PATCH: Cleanup generator & force build fail on missing APIs

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
The python generator will happily ignore functions it can't handle and
pretend everything completed without error. This leads to the situation
where we add new APis to C library and no one ever notices that they
are missing from the python until months later. This requires that my
previous patch be applied first to implement the missing APIs we already
have :-)

This patch causes the generator to return a non-zero exit status if there
are any APIs marked as FAILED. It will also explicitly print out their
names so its clear what is missing. In doing this I added a bunch more
functions to the skip list - ones that we already manually wrote.

Hmmm, I think it should warn rather than fail. If no one notices the missing APIs from Python, well that just indicates that they didn't need them.

Rich.