Re: [RFC] Add Container support to libvirt

Daniel,

Thanks for your comments. I'll make the suggested changes and post an updated version.

The application tag is intended to allow the user to specify one or more executables or scripts to run in the container. A container can be extremely simple running a single executable or script. In these simple cases, the application tag would allow the user to specify one or a few things to run in the container without having to deal with init scripts or configuration files. In more complex setups, the application tag would be used to specify the initialization script or executable of their choosing. Would your suggestion be to limit the user to specify a single app and if they want to run multiple apps, they should specify an init script?

I've looked quite a bit at the OpenVZ driver and will take a look at the VServer reference you provided.

Best Regards,
Dave Leskovec
IBM Linux Technology Center
Open Virtualization