Re: More queries

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Katti, Vadiraj (STSD-Openview) wrote:
    4. Can get the ip address of each of the guests with any of the
APIs

No. Guests can send out packets from their interface using any IP address they want. By convention it's normally set up so that guests get an IP address from a DHCP server, but that's only a convention, not required. Imagine rephrasing the question as "Can I get the IP address of each machine on my LAN?".

Actually, if I'd thought about that a bit more, I might have said: look in your local ARP table, and compare the MAC addresses with the ones in the libvirt domain XML.

It's still true to say that there isn't necessarily a fixed 1-1 relationship between guests' network cards and IP addresses.

Rich.