Win Pro 64 dies in second half of windows guest installation

When I set up a guest VM using virtp-install on a Fedor a 7 system, the process gets as far as reading the raw device (/dev/scd0) for the install disk, writes the basic windows data onto the disk, and then reboots to complete the Windows installation. At this point the installation hangs, with a diagnostic that says the file cannot be found. The same error occurs whether the install is from the hard disk image or from the cd-rom. The install gets half done, and has nothing to read when the install program restarts itself. In the Virt manager the edit command allows me to edit the machine, but not to add back the cd drive, only add network cards and hard disk partitions.

Any help by a more experienced virt-install user would be much appreciated. Larry Nitz.