Re: RFC: replace "no support for hypervisor" error

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:16:23PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
(1) Document the URI formats fully.

  definitely

-- This is a feature which has been requested a few times and I will do it anyway if Daniel Veillard will do the magic to set up a "http://libvirt.org/uri.html"; page.

  Okay I will do that within an hour :-)

Thanks.

    - if our default behaviour was a bit less pathological

   virsh: error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
   paphio:~/libvirt -> virsh help
   libvir: error : operation failed: xenProxyOpen
   virsh: error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
   paphio:~/libvirt ->

 there is certainly things to be done at the virsh level too to improve user
experience which don't require playing at the API level.
  Also to note, relying just on the driver may not work, suppose the user is
not running a Xen kernel (like I pasted before) falling back to a Proxy
mode won't work, but that won't tell him the real cause of the problem.

Sure, I've seen that one too, so I'll address that one in a patch.

Rich.