Re: PATCH 0/3: Refactor QEMU daemon

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 05:32:45AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 10:48:17PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
The 3 patches which follow are work-in-progress to re-factor the QEMU
daemon / driver to eventually adhere to the main libvirt internal driver
API. Once this work is complete, there will only need to be a single
daemon running which can provide both remote & QEMU capabilities at once
with no QEMU specific code in it.
 Just to clarify, we will still need one process to be forked per QEmu
instance which is under control, right ?

Yes to be clear. This is changing from a model where we have processes:

   libvirtd
   libvirt_qemud

      +- qemu
      +- qemu
      +- dnsmasq

To merge the two daemons so we have

   libvirtd

      +- qemu
      +- qemu
      +- dnsmasq

The single daemon serves as both the remote daemon & QEMU daemon all in
one, with no need for QEMU specific code.

I'm still looking at your first (and most complicated patch), so the answer may well be in there, but just to check anyway: does this solve the deadlock where we try to do qemu-over-remote?

http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2007-April/msg00122.html

Rich.