Re: Autostarting guests and networks

Hugh Brock wrote:
A case just came up on Fedora-Xen where someone wanted to ensure that one particular domU started before the others. Made me think that we ought to include some well defined way to order the domains we want to autostart. Maybe a sysV init-style thing since we're talking about putting autostart configs in a directory...

Do you mean waiting for a domain to start completely before starting the next one? That sounds hard.

On the other hand, in vanilla Xen it's simple just to order the files in /etc/xen/auto/ alphabetically, and the domains will start in the same order (or at least they did in 3.0.2):

$ ls -1 /etc/xen/auto/
00-nfs
10-database
20-ftp
20-mail
20-web
30-bid
30-stats
40-blog
70-dev
80-aigars
80-dpress
80-gallery
80-jlo

Rich.

--
Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/
64 Baker Street, London, W1U 7DF     Mobile: +44 7866 314 421