Re: generator.py -- why?

Quoting Daniel Veillard <veillard@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:53:09PM -0400, pvetere@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all. So, I found a bug in the python bindings that I'd really like to fix, but when I sat down to do so I quickly found myself mired in a swampy mess of
code generation: generator.py.
[snip]

 Historic, the same generator is used by libxml2 and libxslt at least.

Ah, ok.  So, it's just a re-use of already-existing code.  That makes me feel
better.  :-)  Thanks for the background info.

 Hum, right, but really even at the C level you want to keep the connection
around as long as you manipulate the domain.

It sounds like you are suggesting that it might be better to add a
back-reference in the underlying C code instead instead of just the Python
code.  Did I understand you correctly?

 Okay, this may look surprizing, but well ...
Now we can probably add a reference back from the domain to the connection,
but still dropping any handle to the connection is kind of weird.

Yeah, it's not the best use case in the world, but certainly one that is
possible, and one which I feel libvirt should probably account for.

Pete