Re: Bug with libvirt in Xen 3.0.1?

Quoting Daniel Veillard <veillard@xxxxxxxxxx>:

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 09:16:16AM -0400, pvetere@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, I think I may have found a bug in libvirt and wanted see what people
thought. I'm using the stock FC5 installation at the moment (with xen 3.0.1), and the newest version of libvirt. I am noticing that with xen 3.0.1 and newer
versions of libvirt, getDomainsID() seems to return bogus values.
<snip>
After some digging around in the code, I believe that libvirt is incorrectly
identifying the hypervisor as being "old" in xen_internal.c:xenHypervisorInit, and is therefore passing the incorrect parameter structure into the hypervisor
when it makes its ioctl in xen_internal.c:xenHypervisorListDomains.

 I assume it's an i386 platform, because the ABI breakage should not
show up on x86_64.

Yes, that's correct; it's an i386 platform.

I've tried this same test on a system running xen 3.0.2, and as I expected
everything works fine. So, there must be something different about xen 3.0.1
that libvirt is not accounting for.

 That's possible. If you still have that setup around, could you rerun
virsh (as root ) under gdb and put a breakpoint in xenHypervisorInit
and see what's happening in the first hypervisor call values of hc.op and
cmd, and return value (hv_version). Then what's happen in the second call
(is it failing too ?) in that same routine.

Sure, I can do this.  I'll let you know what I find later on today.

Pete