Re: Re: support for hvm guests

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
Hi Jim,
[snip]
Did you get any further dealing with this issue ? It'd be nice to get the
support for HVM guests into libvirt in the near future, since I'm working
on some higher level UI tools which could be improved with more detail
about HVM guests. I could probably find time to do some coding on the patches
if there are areas you've not currently got time to address yourself

I put this patch on the back burner given Anthony's response in https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2006-May/msg00017.html

I recently considered continuing this work until we started the discussions on Xen Management API :-). To be honest, now I'm not sure what to do. I will be on vacation next week but probably have time to finish this patch before leaving. However this code will certainly be thrown out at some point. Guess the question is how far out is "some point"? Is it worth doing the xml -> sexp conversion and working around some of the inconveniences in xend discussed earlier in this thread? If we think the current state of affairs will exist for several more months then perhaps so.

Thoughts?

Jim