Suggestion to close this list

This list does not have a significant amount of traffic on it since we
switched to using merge requests.

 - A handful of patches mistakenly sent to the list instead of merge request
 - A couple of release announcements
 - A couple of design discussions

GitLab has the ability to attach release notices to a tag, and publicises
them as releases. You can see an example of that here:

   https://gitlab.com/virt-viewer/virt-viewer/-/releases

The source code links there are the auto-generated tarballs from  git,
but you have the option of  linking to otehr tarballs in the release notes
text.  I'd suggest this is sufficient for new releases

For design discussions, I think we can use GitLab issues.

So I'm inclined to say we should close this mailing list, as it is largely
just a trap that accidentally attracts people away from our preferred use
of GitLab.

We would not delete the list, simply configure it to reject any newly
posted mail with a short message pointing people to GitLab.

Regards,
Daniel

[Index of Archives]     [Virt Tools]     [Libvirt Users]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]