Re: how to submit patch

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 12:47 PM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 06:31:08PM +0800, Liwei Ge wrote:
> > Hi, All
> >
> > I want to submit a patch to add some os xml files.
> >
> > If there a standard format or template to follow for reviewing ?
> >
> > Or just need attach the patch file ?
>
> Either send patches to this mailing list, or send a pull request
> to gitlab at your choice.

And if you decide to use gitlab, you don't have to have developer
access to libosinfo projects (although, after several successful
contributions we're more than happy to accept new developers :-)).

Just fork the project, clone the fork, do your work on your branch and
open a merge request against the official repository.

We strongly recommend adding test data to the ISOs you're adding
(isoinfo -d -i /path/to/the/iso iso.txt, and put it into
osinfo-db/tests/isodata/...) and also running `make check` in order to
be sure your changes are not breaking anything.

Here's a good example of a patch submission that you can follow:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libosinfo/2019-April/msg00211.html

> If sending patches via email, then we strongly recommend using
> git-publish or git send-email as they get the formatting right.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
> --
> |: https://berrange.com      -o-    https://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange :|