Re: [v3 2/3] Adapt windows-unattend.xml for Windows 8

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 04:50:02PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> I played a bit with this, with a non-empty product key, adding the Win8
> <ProductKey> bits while keeping or removing the Win7 <ProductKey> bits
> break win7 unattended install in all cases.
> Removing the /IMAGE/INDEX bits also break win7 unattended install.

Actually I missed something during testing. The <ProductKey> node added for
Win8 unattended installs seems to be mutually exclusive with the
/IMAGE/INDEX bits from Win7 unattended installs (I got a vague hint toward
that from http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/ff715526.aspx ).
Using the <ProductKey> node from Win8 and removing the Win7 ProductKey node
and the InstallFrom (/IMAGE/INDEX) Win7 node gives me a working unattended
install. In short, using a Win8 autounattended.xml file with Win7 seems to
be working fine (I've only tested with a mandatory product key).

Christophe