Re: Always Prompt for Network Settings

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 05:18:54PM +0000, Eric Graham wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to automate the installation of AlmaLinux 8.7 minimal
> using Kickstart and graphical Anaconda. I would like the user to
> always be prompted to set networking details. I don't see any options
> to do this, so currently my installation runs entirety without
> interaction, and the resultant system needs to be configured with
> NetworkManager to be usable (since the only networking change made by
> Kickstart is setting the system hostname, which I could do without if
> necessary). The only other thread I found on this topic suggested a
> modification of some Kickstart code back in RHEL 3 which, of course,
> has changed drastically by now. Is this possible?

Maybe :) It's not really how kickstart is meant to be used though. The
right way to do something like this is to write an anaconda plugin or a
initial setup plugin (https://github.com/rhinstaller/initial-setup).
Some people have managed to get things like this to work in %post but it
really isn't supported.

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart