Issues with RH7 kickstart via USB and PXE

I have had a few issues migrating from RHEL 6 kickstart installs to RHEL 7.

1.  pxeboot installs were failing because I did not have the LiveOS directory included in the customized ISO.  Is the LiveOS directory (and the images in it) required in RHEL 7 now?
2.  in pxeboot, I had to have the proper order of options in the isolinux.cfg (pxelinux.cfg) file.  We were also using NFS for the install.  Lastly, the pxeboot server is older, and caused issues with the nfs version.  The order of relevant options was:

inst.stage2=nfs4:10.0.0.1:/path/to/installdir inst.ks=nfs:10.0.0.1:/path/to/installdir/ksdir/file.ks inst.repo=nfs4:/10.0.0.1:/path/to/installdir

Notice that inst.ks=nfs didn't require the nfs version, but repo and stage2 did.  The order was also important for whatever reason.

3.  USB installs worked under RHEL 6.  Now, I'm having issues.  Under RHEL 6 I would use live-iso-to-disk to write the files to the USB drive.  This came from the livecd-tools packages in fedora.

4.  I currently am able to do PXE installs and DVD installs without fail.

Under RHEL 7, the livecd-tools utilities no longer work for this as the livecd-iso-to-disk script finds the LiveOS directory in the iso and stops processing anything else, treating it as a LiveOS image.  So this goes back to Number 1 above.  Is the LiveOS required?  Is there anyway to use livecd-tools to generate the USB drive?

The generation of the iso is correct and I'm using isohybrid on the .iso.  Under RHEL 6, the usb drive would work flawlessly.

I switched to using the following while building on a RHEL.6 (soon to be rhel.7) system:

pv -treb my.iso | dd of=/dev/sdc conv=noerrors,notrunc

So, is there a better way to make a bootable usb via command line -or- what is the proper way to do this?

Should the iso layout mostly be exactly like the oem iso, with the exception of the changed isolinux.cfg file(s), ks files, and additional packages/repodata?

Thanks for all and any help/information you can provide!

Andrew