Re: Prevent UEFI boot order changes

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 5:28 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I guess I can add a post install script calling efibootmgr and getting
> rid of the 'fedora' UEFI boot menu. But I consider this to be the last
> resort hacky workaround.
>
> I tried to tell anaconda not to install the bootloader at all. This is
> kind of logical - no boot loader, not possible to change the UEFI boot
> order. I used this kickstart directive: bootloader --location=none.
> This kind of worked, no changes in the UEFI boot menu, but the system
> does not boot with this symptom:

We're in the same boat. We have a post-script that was originally a bunch of bash and evolved into python to clean up the EFI boot order via efibootmgr.  We do things like set the order to UEFI IPv6 -> UEFI IPv4 -> OS to guarantee we hit the network first, and also eliminate duplicate entries from a stupid vendor EFI implementation.

I hadn't thought about this but this could be a useful pull request to put up to make this bit optional.

--bwann