Re: moving kickstart forward

(I just joined this list so this isn't going to thread properly, sorry)

Chris Lumens wrote:
This example did come up elsewhere too - briefly, I know we don't test
ipv6-only on the installer team.  The QA team might, but I do not know
for sure.  Any bug reports here would be helpful.

Testing has been a major focus lately and has certainly improved, but
any test system is only as good as its test cases.  I know we do not
have an ipv6-only one here.  We probably don't have a lot of others that
we could use.  Suggestions welcome!

Hi,

I was the main person at FB that was getting us onto CentOS 7 anaconda and helping with v6-only kickstart installs so I thought I'd chime in here. For v6 testing I would suggest having a router on the LAN so you get the full v6 router advertisement experience in addition to statically configuring things (even radvd on a box/VM should be fine).

There were basically four bugs that tripped us up doing v6-only installs, and three of them were related to race conditions with v6 RA or kernel accept_ra problems. One was in dracut, one was NM/kickstart (that Josef mentioned), one in Anaconda and one in NetworkManager.

I opened bug reports on these and reported my workarounds, so they're in the process of getting fixed up. I typed up a lengthy post that gives some background on these problems (with relevant bug ids) and my fixes in order to do v6-only kickstart installs.

This may be helpful to other people who are in the same boat:

https://binaryfury.wann.net/2016/03/installing-centos-7-on-an-ipv6-only-system/

--bwann