Re: moving kickstart forward

+1 for partitioning work and better boot disk selection/configuration.
The majority of our %pre is taken up with device-mapper/python code to determine what the OS disk should be across different HW models.

Internal raid
JBOD
Boot from SAN
Boot from FLASH/SD

I will add, and possibly just us not doing our homework, that networking with rhel7 kickstart is a bit of learning curve. We are having trouble getting kickstart to only plumb and configure the nic that the PXE/DHCP request came over. It kickstarts, installs, reboots and now eth0 is configured but the nic with the public interface is now eth2 or eth3 .