Re: moving kickstart forward

On 03/07/2016 07:39 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:
What could we add that would allow you to ditch your %pre-based disk
partitioning?

The ability to evaluate a line or lines based on whether a word appears in the kernel cmdline would go a long way. In Jinja2 style (assuming cmdline is an array of words from /proc/cmdline):

{% if "softraid" in cmdline %}
 ... whatever software raid args
{% endif %}

The other thing I'd really like to see is the ability to set chunk size for software RAID arrays. It defaults to 512K in mdadm and there's no way to specify a size in kickstart. That default performs terribly in all of the workloads where I've tested it.