What is the best way to provide status during a long %post/%pre script to a tmux-wrapped kickstart session?

I'd like my %post scripts to be able to emit messages to the status screen to give feed-back on progress. Is there any built-in mechanism to do this?

I've seen (and used) the older tricks to switch the vtty. But on the newer tmux-wrapped kickstart that doesn't feel correct. I cannot find anything in the docs that suggests how I might perform this and reading the source[0] suggests theres no function to do it.

[0] https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/blob/master/pyanaconda/kickstart.py#L84

Thank you

--
Daniel

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.