RE: Not finding /tmp/include created in %pre

My bad. Need to adjust my glasses. The parser caught me on the file extension; .ks versus .sh. All is well now.

But for the first point, I have never seen anyone comment on carriage returns showing up at the end of command execution if the %pre script is embedded in the Kickstart file. The clue for the work around was in an Oracle doc showing the script %included in the kickstart file.

From: Bledsoe, Alton
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:21 PM
To: 'kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Not finding /tmp/include created in %pre

First, I had to work around the fact that the execution of shell commands are terminated with a carriage return including file names that are created during %pre. The work around was simply:

%pre

%include http://<ip>/path/to/script.sh

%post

In this script.sh I write out network commands for 4 interfaces after capturing input from tty6.

I write to /tmp/net-include and, using alt-F2 shell terminal, I can readily see it in /tmp

The %include /tmp/net-config in the kickstart file is generating a PYCURL ERROR 22 … 404 not found once parsed after the %pre section %end’s.

Why are these simple looking things that have many similar examples on the web not working?

RHEL6.6

Al Bledsoe

PD&E Solutions Architect, Richardson, TX

Cell: 214-533-1698 Desk: 972-656-5341

Alton.Bledsoe@xxxxxxx

Somebody’s gotta do it.