Re: Kickstart - Partitioning....possible to use whole disk for LVM without creating a LVM partition

Hi

My main question was if it is possible to use a whole disk using LVM without creating a seperate LVM partition in kickstart?  If you create a partition on the disk you can´t easily extend the disk by increasing the disk size in VMware. Then you have to add another disk and extend your volume group.
If you use the whole disk by initialize the disk using "pvcreate /dev/disk", it can easily be resized. I am not an expert on LVM so please correct me if I am wrong :)
Is it possible to use standard LVM commands in kickstart? As I understand you can just use part and logvol? By reading the manuls for theese commands I cannot find a solution for this.

I use the following commands in my kickstart file, and the partitioning script I presented in my first mail is included in the kickstart using the %include statement below.

zerombr
clearpart --all
bootloader --location=mbr --boot-drive=sda
%include /tmp/partitioning.cfg

By the way we are running Satellite 5.7.

Regards Jerry