RE: RHEL6.5 provisioning without DHCP (Ess, Brandon)

Brandon,

With Dell DRACs, you can "attach virtual media".  I.e., either a CD image
or a disk image.  I'm guessing HP's remote access controller is similar.

Using that, the original post (Frantisek) can do the CD-based install he wants.
I.e., have the image on his local Windows or Linux desktop, attach that virtual
media via DRAC.

We customarily do that for 10 - 100 servers. I'm guessing a good engineer
can image 5 servers per hour -- if the ks.cfg has all answers, so the install
is non-interactive.

There are some limitations.  Because virtual media attachment is dog-slow. It's best to:
   1. minimize the image size as much as possible.
   2. have your desktop in a close network location to the servers you're imaging.

For this second reason, we usually maintain "jump" servers in different geographic
regions.  For instance, when I'm imaging a server in Brazil, I'll remote (Windows)
or XRDP (Linux) into a Brazil jump server, image from there.

If by "large number of servers" is meant a few hundred or more, the original
poster will either need PXE or a large array of heads-down engineers.

Spike