Re: RHEL 5/6/7 Kickstart Options

Hello Brandon,

You are actually doing it wrong. You should try the following way.

%packages
@group1
@group2 --nodefaults
@group3 --optional
package1
package2
-package3

The option --optional shall be used with the package group not with %packages section. The same is available in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6[1] and 7[2] as well.

A link[3] from Fedora Documentation also explains about it.

​Regards,​

​Pushp​
​​
​endra​