Re: $releasever and $arch substitution in url and mirrorlist, and "Closest mirror" kickstart support?

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 18:10:53 -0700,
 Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxx> wrote:
So like Vadym Chepkov way back in 2010, I find myself wanting to write
very generic kickstart files, for validation testing. The Kickstart docs
claim:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#url

"     --mirrorlist=

       The mirror URL to install from. Variable substitution is done
for $releasever and $basearch in the url (added in F19)."

but I tried using this, and it doesn't seem to work. A kickstart with
this line:

It looks like it is supposed to work for live images and I thought anaconda and livecd-creator shared code for this.

You can look at /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/imgcreate/yuminst.py around line 150 and you'll see stuff like this:

   def addRepository(self, name, url = None, mirrorlist = None):
       def _varSubstitute(option):
           # takes a variable and substitutes like yum configs do
           option = option.replace("$basearch", rpmUtils.arch.getBaseArch())
           option = option.replace("$arch", rpmUtils.arch.getCanonArch())
           # If the url includes $releasever substitute user's value or
           # current system's version.