F17 kickstart network ethtool options not working

During kickstart installation I need to disable auto-negotiation and
manually set the interface settings to speed 100 and duplex full.
Otherwise the install ends up with 100-half duplex because the
switches are not using auto negotiation.  I don't have control of the
configuring the switches.

In CentOS 6.3 kickstart installation, the following kickstart line
works to change the interface settings even before the squashfs
install.img is downloaded.  Works like a charm.

network --onboot yes --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp --noipv6
--ethtool="autoneg off duplex full speed 100"

But in Fedora 17, that line no longer seems to work.  I even switched
the eth0 interface name to the new naming convention of p3p1.  It
still ends up with painfully slow half duplex.

network --onboot yes --device p3p1 --bootproto dhcp --noipv6
--ethtool="autoneg off duplex full speed 100"

In a related note, ethtool command isn't available in a
pseudo-terminal during anaconda install in Fedora 17.  The mii-tool
was there so I was able to manually use that to change the interface
settings.  But what happened to ethtool?  I confirmed that it is
available during anaconda install with CentOS 6.3.

Thanks.
-Scott