fetching kickstart file error in fc 17 install - ks file is on vfat fs

Upon trying to kickstart install fc 17 I get the following error:
fetching kickstart from /dev/sda1:/k17.ks
warning: unable to process initqueu
warning: /dev/ram does not exist
Then it drops to a debug shell.
I boot using DOS 7.10 on sda1 (C:) vfat fs to install as have done successfully for over 7 years. My image is on a DVD.
My install batch script uses:
\linld097\linld.com initrd=\17pi.i image=\17pi.k "cl=rw root=/dev/ram ks=hd:sda1:\k17.ks"
The initrd and kernel are from the install disk.
The reason I need to use a DOS/linld boot (as opposed to say some other boot sector method like SYSLINUX or GRUB) is with my method I can (easily) switch to different config.sys file(s) (in scripts) and have linux boot up (unattended) three or more times to perform various configuration setups after the install - the process takes about 2 hours but is fully automated this way. At the very end I can have a script boot up some other OS such as windows XP.

Floyd,