RE: Alligning partitions

Hello,

For RHEL5 partition alignment we use „parted“ insted „fdisk“ in the kickstart scripts.

Then you need to calculate the Start Sectors of your partition, make sure they

are exact divisible with 8 (8x512Byte =  4096Byte)

# SS_BOOT= Start Sector /boot partition

# SS_ROOT= Start Sector / partition

# SS_SWAP= Start Sector swap partition

# LASTSECTOR= Last usable Sector (exact divisible with 8, -1)

    parted -s -- ${DISC} mktable msdos

    parted -s -- ${DISC} mkpart   primary ext2       ${SS_BOOT}s $(( ${SS_ROOT} - 1 ))s

    parted -s -- ${DISC} mkpart   primary ext2       ${SS_ROOT}s $(( ${SS_SWAP} - 1 ))s

    parted -s -- ${DISC} mkpartfs primary linux-swap ${SS_SWAP}s ${LASTSECTOR}s

Regards