Inducing package checksum failure in Anaconda

Hi All,

I am currently using Anaconda from RHEL5.2 and trying to induce a checksum failure on a RPM.

What I did is in an existing YUM repo, I manually modify a RPM.  My assumption is by modifying a RPM, the sha1 checksum value specified in the primary.xml.gz in the repodata directory will be differ from the modified RPM.

When I said modifying a RPM, I mean rebuild a RPM and replace the one from the repo with the new one.

My expectation is to see an error message from Anaconda indicating unexpected checksum value however that is not the case, the package get installed successfully.

It appears to me that the repodata is not being use by Anaconda for integrity checking.

Can someone please confirm my finding?

Thanks,

David