IPTables and kickstart %post

Hi,

I've got a number of (in-house) RPM packages that I want installed during a kickstart build (no problem's there), but they add iptables rules in order to allow specific services in.

During the kickstart under RHEL5, the iptables modules are not available for usage so the usual rule manipulation commands aren't available.  Modifying the '/etc/sysconfig/iptables' file doesn't work well either given that these packages are also installed on running systems.

So I was wondering if there are any commands that can be used during a kickstart that would cover both bases.  The anaconda firewall rule manipulation commands I've seen aren't powerful (or accurate) enough for our purposes.

Is using a 'firstboot' module the cleanest way, installing these packages after the machine boots for the first time?

Stuart J. Browne
Senior Unix Administrator, Network Administrator
AusRegistry Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria. Australia. 3004.
Ph:  +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: stuart.browne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.ausregistry.com.au

The information contained in this communication is intended for the named recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain legally privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all copies from your system and notify us immediately.