Re: Post-Installation scripts execution ordering

On 06/08/2011 10:57 AM, Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
Hi All,

I have a kickstart file with multiple %post.  The reason why I am doing so
is because I have %post that is a bash script and I have another %post that
is a Perl script.

Does Anaconda executes %post in sequential order or in parallel with
threads?

What I want to accomplish is I want my %post bash script runs first then my
%post Perl script.

Thanks,

David

It should be easy to test, have each script put a time stamp into a file and compare the time stamps.

Depending on your kickstart set up, you can also have the bash script copy the perl script to the local system and then call it, or run it from an nfs share.

Hugh