RE: Use entire disk as PV.

Did you use a double dash for â--preexistingâ? I didnât notice as I was typing it that Outlook had âhelpfullyâ changed the two dashes to a single emdash. Did the pvcreate command actually work: does that disk now have a full-disk PV on it? In the pvcreate documentation, I just came across

For whole disk devices only the partition table must be erased, which will effectively destroy all data on that disk. This can be done by zeroing the first sector with:

dd if=/dev/zero of=PhysicalVolume bs=512 count=1

Hereâs something else to try:

echo "part pv.01 --onpart sdb --grow" >> /tmp/custom-part

echo "volgroup rootvg /dev/sdb pv.01" >> /tmp/custom-part

If kickstart refuses to create a partition on sdb, you will have to do something like

lvm pvcreate /dev/sdb

lvm vgcreate rootvg /dev/sdb

echo "logvol / --fstype ext3 --name=root --vgname=rootvg --size=4096 --useexisting" >> /tmp/custom-part

Moray.

âTo err is human; to purr, feline.â