Re: Monitoring kickstart install status

kickstart can log to a remote syslog daemon. Would that be OK? You could configure /etc/syslog.conf in %post so that the system logs after first boot as well.

To log extra stuff, just use the "logger" command. I'm not sure if "logger" is available during installation, though, but you could copy it in if needed.

Jason