Re: Minitoring anaconda installation

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Romu" <huruomu@xxxxxxxxx>
> Para: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Enviados: Martes, 29 de Marzo 2011 15:48:27
> Asunto: Minitoring anaconda installation
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement monitoring of the anaconda installation on an
> remote server. The installation is fully unattended by using
> kickstart and pxeboot. I need to find out at least the following:
>
> whether the installation has started or not?
> whether the installation has succeeded or not?
>
> I've tried telling anaconda to foward syslog to a syslog daemon
> running on a remote host, but I cannot figure out how to find out the
> above from the log.

I've switched to anamon (included in cobbler) which provides logs for all the install process and from serveral scripts, and even uploads them after the system has been kickstarted

Regards
Pablo

--

Pablo Iranzo GÃmez (Pablo.Iranzo@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senior Global Profesional Services Consultant (RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCE, RHCSP) #804006196923216