Custom pxeboot kernel/images.

Hello,

I am in the process of "attempting" to build my own kernel image and initrd to replace the stock pxeboot images provided with Fedora.   I am stuck though as I cannot find any documentation on how the initrd is built for pxeboot purposes.

Can anybody reference any documentation or tools that describe how pxeboot kernel/initrd are built?  My goal is to run the latest vanilla kernel as my PXE boot kernel for an older Fedora release.

Thank You!
Matt