Re: How to cause an installation failure in the %pre script

From http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart

%pre --erroronfail If the pre-installation script fails, this option will cause an error dialog to be displayed and will halt installation. The error message will direct you to where the cause of the failure is logged.
- Bryan Schneiders

Gianluca Varenni wrote:
Hi all.

I'm preparing a custom Fedora 10 Install CD with kickstart. In the %pre script, I check the presence of a specific RAID controller (and disks) and reconfigure it. If the RAID controller is not there (or something fails during the reconfiguration), I need to fail the installation of Fedora.

Is there a way from the %pre script to return a failure?

Have a nice day
GV