Re: This ks script isn't working on CentOS 4.8... Should it?

Hugh Brown wrote:
If you try and run the script on a regular box, it fails. While you are working on fine tuning the script, run it on a regular box and verify that the file it creates that to test with initially before you move to the load testing situation.

You need spaces between [ and the contents of the test.  For example,

if [grep -q cciss/c0d0]; then

should be

if [ grep -q cciss/c0d0 ]; then

You also need to append to the file after your first echo command so that you don't overwrite it each time

e.g. echo "foo" >/tmp/part-include

will overwrite.

echo "foo" >>/tmp/part-include

will append.

Those were the things that stuck out to me right away.

Hugh

Well now, isn't that embarrassing... :) I was so focused on the kickstart script that I missed the most basic step.

Thanks.

madi