Re: 3rd Party Software Install - Kickstart

Arvind Navale wrote:
Thank you Jodok for responding and providing example steps. Much Appreciated!!!

I guess I will be able to use NFS instead of HTTP right? Also the 3rd party software I want to install are not RPM packages but is interactive and need to provide input. To name one I am trying to see if I can install NBU client software on server as a part of post install. So I believe need to provide those inputs in the kickstart profile itself but don't know if I can do that.
Regards,
Arvind.

Depending on the software, you can go through the install once (e.g. install to /opt) and then tar up what got installed. We use this for Matlab, Mathematica, Maple, etc.

During kickstart, we just untar to wherever it was originally installed (e.g. back in to /opt)

Hugh