Re: Anaconda default behaviour on error

Im not sure your suggestion direclty tackles my issue as these are blind remote installs - we only know there is a problem when we realise the machine is not available after the usual 20mins (or so) and then notice the lack of web logs that you would expect to be seen when serving RPM packages from the web server. Its always after the event that human error is noticed/acknowledged ;)

I will certainly further investigate Cobbler in any case.

it does in a roundabout manner as with koan you can see what the the kernel command line will look like BEFORE you reboot and therefore you'll be able to see if the network info that will be used during the kickstart is correct and therefore wether the machine will come back or not.

As an example this is what a 'rebuild' kernel command line could look like from koan

title kick1238146211
   root (hd0,0)
   kernel /vmlinuz ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 acpi=False console=xvc0
ksdevice=eth0 lang= text ks=http://192.168.11.1/cblr/svc/op/ks/system/virt02 netmask=255.255.255.0 dns=192.168.11.1 ip=192.168.11.4 kssendmac gateway=192.168.11.1

as an example of course - cobbler is very very very good

tom