Re: NetworkManager?

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Frank Kimbell wrote:

To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
From: Frank Kimbell <raqnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NetworkManager?

Does anyone know how to disable the NetworkManager in anaconda kickstarts? I've been reading through the python sources, but don't really find anything.

Like Virginian said, I also turn off NetworkManager in a normal system, and let the network be handled by the init.d/network. I don't like NetworkManager. I turn that off using chkconfig off or del.

Surely, I can turn this off in a kickstart somehow?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Well I don't think you want to turn off NM at the start of the installation. It's used to configure eth0 or whatever so you can do things like linux ks=http://server/ks.cfg

But on F10 you can stop NM from being installed with:

%packages

# Don't install NetworkManager
-NetworkManager

%end

Doesn't seem to break anything either :)

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net