Re: RHEL5 - copy files from DVD during %post

Here is everything I have in my notes from last time I did this.  I don't remember why I used tar to copy the contents of the stage2.img, but probably because it preserved something that 'cp' didn't.

# Do the following to disable the CDROM eject using kickstart:

   * to make changes to files on the ram filesystem:

     mkdir /mnt/image
     mount -o loop /mnt/cdrom/images/stage2.img /mnt/image/
     cd /mnt/image
     tar -cvf ~/stage2.tar .
     mkdir ~/stage2
     cd ~/stage2
     tar -xvf ~/stage2.tar
     vim usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py

   * add this line into the setSteps function
     dispatch.skipStep("methodcomplete")
   * to recreate the ram file system:

     cd ~
     mksquashfs stage2/ stage2.img.new
     cp stage2.img.new ~/dvd/images/stage2.img

# Create the custom iso with mkisofs
mkisofs -o custom.iso -V "Customized" -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -v -T /tmp/cdrom

I added the line to kickstart.py on line 880.  Here's the surrounding lines for context:
       dispatch.skipStep("bootdisk")
       dispatch.skipStep("betanag")
       dispatch.skipStep("installtype")
dispatch.skipStep("tasksel") dispatch.skipStep("network")
       dispatch.skipStep("methodcomplete")

       # Don't show confirmation screens on non-interactive installs.
       if not self.ksdata.interactive:
           dispatch.skipStep("confirminstall")
           dispatch.skipStep("confirmupgrade")
           dispatch.skipStep("welcome")

Also make sure your new CD or DVD includes the .discinfo and .treeinfo files from the root of the original DVD.

Bryan Schneiders
bschneiders@xxxxxxxx
301-562-1900 ext 305