Re: %include files query for packages.

On Feb 5, 2009, at 11:06 AM, chris.ellam@xxxxxx wrote:

I would like to dynamically generate my include file for the package selection, i.e. this means that it doesnt initially exist and would be generated from my preinstall script. However, it appears that the include file, at least for packages and key, is required to exist prior to the running of the preinstall section. Is there an alternative mechanism for this or a better prefered way of doing this as I many profiles and systems and am trying to use just 1 configuration script which does a Mac address to profile look-up.  It also appears that and include of a key file has similar restrictions, well at least in 5.2.

How is it not working?  I've used %include to build packages sections before without a problem...

I generally do it something like this:

# ks.cfg #
%include /tmp/packages.txt

%pre
wget -O /tmp/packages.txt http://install-server/ks/packages.txt

# packages.txt #
%packages
@core
@base

Jason Kohles, RHCA RHCDS RHCE
email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire