In %pre I needed to mount the disk, /mnt/sysimage isn't there.

Good hint on the sleep command though.

thanks,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Shabazian, Chip <Chip.Shabazian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you are just doing one machine, just backup that directory.  If you need to do lots of machines, put a sleep statement in your %pre and figure out what you want to do, then add those commands to the %pre.

From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of niall el-assaad
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 3:01 PM
To: Kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Removing old linux in the %pre section

Hi,

I've got a fc6 build that I want to move to centos, i just want to keep a single directory.

Is there some way in the %pre section I could delete all the directories off the disk (apart from 1) and then have kickstart continue and install centos?

I've tried but the %pre section doesn't seem to work. I'm using /mnt/sysimage to access the hard disk, but doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

thanks,