RE: Holding configuration information

You can write to a ramdisk in %pre and access it in %post, but you have to remember to unmount it in %pre or it won’t be available.

It may be a two step process, but if the box is up, you can log on, get you config information backed up and copied to another server, then simply wget that config information in the %post.  I would probably do this at least the first few times, just to make sure I had a good backup of everything I needed and no more.

From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Hubbard
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 7:39 AM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Holding configuration information

Hello –

I am very new at this kick-start stuff.

I need to build a kickstart CD that completely repartitions the hard drive and yet is able to hold on to configuration information to lay it back down after the installation.

I have been reading and trying different things, but I can’t seem to figure this out.  My thought was to write things, perhaps, to a ramdisk during %pre and then access it in %post, but I’m not getting anywhere with that.

Could someone please direct me to the proper documentation for this, or help me correct my entire line of thinking about what I want to do?  I think I’m deep down in some rat-hole or am just missing something obvious.

Thanks

Michael Hubbard