Re: Partitioning setup error during CentOS 5.2 setup as guest

2008/7/31 Admin Admin <qmt9z3@xxxxxxxxx>
Ok now I understand. What you are suggesting is
already
done in xen-create-image script. In fact, before I
issued 'xm create' command, I have mounted one of the
lvm partitions and copied the iso image onto it and
I point to it during the install and the image is
recognized.

In other words all the partitions required for
installation are setup in lvm and are accessible.
Here is the part of xen config file corresponding
to disk partitions:

#  Disk device(s).
#
root        = '/dev/xvda2 ro'
disk        = [

'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-swap,xvda1,w',

'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Root,xvda2,w',

'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Usr,xvda3,w',

'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Var,xvda4,w',

'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Tmp,xvda5,w',

'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2UsrLocal,xvda6,w',

Sorry, this is not what I meant. In the above configuration each Dom0 host LV is seen as an entire physical disk by the DomU.
Apparently (guessing from the stack trace you included) Anaconda expects to find a partition table on that physical disk.

Instead of the above, you should have one (or a couple) of LV's imported into the DomU and have a partition table setup in it, just like you have on the Dom0's own physical disk, for instance.

Cheers,

--Amos